Tuesday, January 26, 2016

My Aim Is True ~ 2.14.16 ~ Ryan's Daughter

Thomas Pryor presents: "My Aim Is True" ~ Stoops to Nuts Valentine Show @ Ryan's Daughter.

Robert Burns, the Bard of Ayrshire, put his words to Scottish folk melodies. Composed lyrics and arrangements; modifying and recreating tunes he heard as a child. His emotional memories flood his work. Stoops to Nuts draws inspiration from the process of listening to a pleasing sound (prose, verse or song) that you never forget and you're compelled to tell or sing the melody from your seat. "My Aim is True," Well said, Elvis Costello.

Mark your calendar. Valentine's Day, February 14th, "My Aim Is True," a special Stoops to Nuts show at Ryans Daughter, 350 E. 85th Street @ 3-6 pm. I''ll perform sections from my upcoming play, "City Boy." Our musical artists: Nina & Son (Nina & David Terhune) and Eric Vetter & his melody makers.

Check out my 1960s memoir, "I Hate the Dallas Cowboys - tales of a scrappy New York boyhood." at Logos Book Store, or purchase the book online at Amazon (114 five-star reviews out of 114 posted) or Barnes & Noble ~ and buy "River to River ~ New York Scenes From a Bicycle" my photography portfolio online.

No comments: