Sunday, September 29, 2013

New Photography Exhibit ~ Opening Reception hosted by Yorkville Creperie @ Tuesday, Oct 1st @ 7-9 pm

My storytelling developed on the tenement roofs and stoops of Yorkville. They carried outside the neighborhood when Dad and I began bike riding in 1961. Down Carl Schurz Park and along the East River facing the lighthouse on Welfare Island. Later, longer trips to my country estate, Central Park, and further west to the Hudson River, we'd zigzag along Riverside Park up to Grant’s Tomb, and our crowning expedition, reaching the George Washington Bridge.

Each trip, Dad brought along his Yashica 44 camera. Following his methods taught me to carefully look around for something striking, surprising or simply beautiful. He regularly demonstrated to me how being patient paid off for a good shot. I couldn’t wait for his photos to be developed at the pharmacy. Even if it was a familiar place, Dad found something new in the light or angle he chose.

These trips with Dad 50 years ago are still alive in my photographs ~ you can see this is true in my new photography exhibit hosted by Yorkville Creperie.



Please join me for the opening reception of “Yorkville & NYC Scenes From a Bicycle,” this Tuesday, October 1, 2013 from 7 to 9pm.

All are welcome. Refreshments will be served.

Pictured here are nine photographs in the exhibit.

Thank you, Yorkville Creperie, for inviting me to exhibit my work.


“Yorkville & NYC Scenes From a Bicycle”
@ Yorkville Creperie
1586 York Avenue (bet 83rd & 84th Street)

Opening Reception: Tuesday, October 1st @ 7pm to 9pm, refreshments will be served.














No comments: