Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Belvedere Castle Love Letter ~ March Storytelling Schedule


My storytelling curiosity may have started at Belvedere Castle in Central Park in the late 1950s. First Dad and Mom took Rory & I there, and Dad told me that he found Indian arrow heads in the small caves in the rocks that were now covered up with prison type bars. He called the water Catfish Lake because that’s the fish you caught when you used Wonder Bread for bait (we did).  I had so much fun at that location when I was young, the attacks on the castle, the protection of the realm. Older, I walked up 83rd Street to 5th Avenue then over to the Central Park entrance at 79th Street. Ten minutes from my stoop I was in an Errol Flynn movie flashing and slashing my sword with any available branch or stick.
Three cheers for Olmstead & Vaux!


 In the next two weeks, I have three shows, March 9, 13 and 20.  I bring the spirit of Central Park to each of them, it never leaves me. Here’s a list of the shows and a few favorite photos of Belvedere Castle and Catfish Lake.

Please come down, or up, to the shows if you are free, I promise a good time.

Be well, Tommy






Friday March 9th @ Otto's Shrunken Head:
"No Name... & A BAG O' CHIPS"
ERIC VETTER is the MC
SUPER SHANI is the Stage Manager


When- FRIDAY, MARCH 9th @ 7pm & it’s FREE!
Where- OTTO'S SHRUNKEN HEAD
            538 E 14th Street (between Ave A & B)



Our next City Stories: Stoops to Nuts show on March 13th @ 6pm at Cornelia Street CafĂ© is a beaut.  Our artists are Claudia Chopek, Joe McGintyJohn NewellRick PatrickThomas Pryor, Rivka Widerman & Ward White. Giving away ten drinks.  Getting my Irish up, it's my birthday week, bring your best game. $7 and saying "hoity toity," gets you in the door with a free drink.

Time Out Magazine picked "Stoops to Nuts" as a darn good thing to do this week. See link.



On Tuesday March 20th @7pm ~ I will join Michele Carlo and Eric Vetter at WordUp Community Bookstore. The theme is "New." Talented Tellers tell for 8 minutes and then we will have a "Magic Hat" where audience members can tell a 3-minute NEW story. March 20th is my birthday and storytelling with my friends is as good as it gets. I promise you will have a great time and it’s FREE! 

WordUp Community Bookstore is at 4157 Broadway @176th Street in Washington Heights. To get there, take the A train to 175th Street (sit in the back). Exit station to your left, walk up the hill to Broadway, make a left and 4157 is near the next corner. 




























No comments: