Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Downtown Thorpe, Uptown Word

Woke up with a fever yesterday, but I recovered later and glad I did. Attended Amanda Thorpe's record release for "Promenade," her new album at The Cutting Room. I love the record and it was a treat to watch and listen to Amanda and her amazing band play each terrific song. My favorites tunes are Monica Says, Once Lovers Bar Tabac. "Promenade" is a well thought through collection of intelligent and beautiful songs.
Below are a few pix from show (my camera stinks indoors, sorry) the Lower East Side neighborhood and a shot of Brooklyn.
Tonight, I'm heading up to Washington Heights to Eric Vetter's Word Up! show. I'm telling a Thanksgiving story from a long time ago. It's a great variety line-up; please stop by if you are in the neighborhood.
Word Up Bookstore
4157 Broadway (between 175th & 176th Streets)
4564
4563
4562
4561
4560
4559
4558

No comments: