Friday, April 17, 2009

Every Picture Tells A Story


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I'm seven years old in this photo, but my life story's all there.
.
I'm holding a pencil and a sharpener. I'm sitting at the end of the couch so I have ready access to my school stuff and blank paper for doodling. My pajama top is wide open up giving my belly breathing room. I'm sure the inflation was caused by a trip to the refrigerator for Swiss cheese, Wonder Bread and Hellman's mayo. My mouth's agape trying to separate the oxygen from the cigarette smoke circling the living room.
.
I'm more interested in the action on the TV, then I am in my school work. I'll get to the work, but only after the show is over, and after making sure the next show isn't one of my favorites. If the next show is decent, I'll have to watch that one too, and get to the work after that, providing I don't enjoy the following show. If that show amuses me, and I'm still awake, I'll try and make it and get up early and do my homework in the morning. It's amazing what I get done during the commercials, unless the commercial is one of my favorites.
.
At some point that evening, I'll be dragged to bed by my arm or leg.

********************************************************

Toast to the NY Times City Section: Monday, May 4th
@ 17 Murray Street @7pm

Come toast the best editorial team in New York with Sloane Crosley (I Was Told There'd Be Cake), Saara Dutton (Mama D’s Arts Bordello), Merrill Black (contributing City writer) and Thomas Pryor.We’re celebrating the New York Times City Section, reading our neighborhood stories the City editors help craft. It's a free show with free appetizers. Barry Stabile and JJ Stadler will play old school R&B tunes after the reading.

Toast to the City @ 17 Murray Street, Monday, May 4th @7pm.
.

2 comments:

Abbi Crutchfield said...

I can't wait! I fly back in town that day, so I hope I won't be too busy to swing it. May host the mic that night if I don't have it off, but this sounds amazing! I'll also see you May 7th for the Blogfest in DUMBO

Thomas Pryor said...

oh, i hope you make it, bring rotten fruit for my fat head, what a target!