Friday, July 22, 2016

City Boy Rocks!

Thank you, to a super audience for making City Boy's first tryout at Cornelia Street Cafe's Solofest as good as it gets. Thank you, Joshua Rebell & Robin Hirsch for inviting me. Thank you, Michael Pettey, for your professional support and great street life playlist. I loved it! Thank you, Leslie GoshkoNicole Ferraro, for shooting spitballs at me, and for always covering my back. Thank you, Jeff Rose for filming the event and the shoutouts.
Thank you, Joe Dettmore, for helping me ready for the show. Hope to do it again early next year. If you like my work, check out my book. But first, check out Leslie Goshko tomorrow at An Old-Fashioned Piano Party with Leslie Goshko. I guarentee you'll leave the Cafe feeling silly and smiling.


I get home from my City Boy show about growing up in Yorkville in the 1960s and open up an email from Gerard Bakay's older brother, Steve. Sweet harmony. Robert Grundstrom please share with Richie and any of the Bodners you are in touch with. love, Tommy





If you like my work check out my memoir, 
"I Hate the Dallas Cowboys - tales of a scrappy New York boyhood." Available at Logos Book Store or online at Amazon or Barnes & Noble. The book has 120 Amazon five star reviews out of 120 total reviews posted. We're pitching a perfect game. My old world echoes TV's "The Wonder Years" ~ just add taverns, subways and Checker cabs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tommy, just catching up with your previous posts. Saw the photo of the hockey team with the mayor. I went to St. Stephen's with Steve Bakay and La Salle with Bodner and Reday, we graduated in 63. Have lost track of Bodner and Reday, does anyone know their locations and how they are?? Al Hauser