Monday, March 10, 2014

Those Ol' Bethesda Blues

Now and Then at one of my favorite spots on earth, Bethesda Fountain.

Photos are from last summer and a 1961 Central Park swim for Rory and me.

Here's my New York Times memory of that 1961 swim,  "Cooling Off in Bethesda Fountain."

To celebrate the city, to thank my friends, this month's storytelling show is free on me. I’m giving away stuff, too. “City Stories: Stoops to Nuts,” tomorrow, Tuesday, March 11 @ 5:30pm @ Cornelia Street Cafe.

It’s a doozy, my guest tellers: Barbara Aliprantis, Cris Beam,Francis Flaherty,Robin Hirsch, Tim O’Mara, Joshua Rebell, Angelo Verga and Adam Wade. Time Out Magazine says, “Stoops to Nuts,” is a positive experience not to be missed. No they didn’t, but they do say it’s a cool thing to do. Show starts sharp @ 5:30pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey cousin...looking foward to seeing later @ cornelia st. cafe..hope to see some familiar faces while i'mk there...HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!
...cousin Anthony Luzzi
HUGS !!