Thursday, March 13, 2014

"I Am, Who I Am" ~ Stoops to Nuts Show Aftermath

Lady in elevator to another lady about another lady on my last day of work at 90 Church Street.

"Well, I said, that's my stance." then Miss Fancy Pant said, 'Oh, yeah?'"

Silent other lady in elevator couldn't get a word in edgewise, the talking lady continued, "Yeah, and if you don't like it you can stuff it, and she said, 'who do you think you are? And I said, I am, who I am."

Then I turned to the talking lady and said, "I know, you're Popeye!"

After she gave me a look the rest of the ride to the lobby was silent.

Tuesday night, was a blast at the "City Stories: Stoops to Nuts" show at Cornelia Street Cafe. On March 20th I turn 60. I am, who I am. Time, life moves on, and what better way to capture my joy in a bottle then gathering together all the people who've contributed to making my life more interesting and fun and thank them, my family and close friends for their relentless love and support. It was a fine time downstairs in the Cafe in the West Village on that magical block between Bleecker and West 4th Street.

Thank you, Barbara Aliprantis, Otto BarzCris Beam, Nicole FerraroFrancis Flaherty, Zack HampleRobin Hirsch, Tim O’MaraJoshua Rebell, Barbara Turner,  Angelo Verga and Adam Wade  for giving me direction and opportunity. It's my bottom of the seventh and it's the best inning in my life and I'm playing in the coolest ballpark in the world, New York City.

Here are photos from the show.


Tim O"Mara

Cris Beam

Joshua Rebell

Barbara Aliprantis
Robin Hirsch



Tommy at the scene of the crime

No comments: