Friday, February 28, 2014

Walking in a Winter Wonderland, My Ass

I reluctantly, hopefully, looked up the ten day NYC weather forecast. After viewing lots more 20s and friggin teens, I discovered we're in hell and it's nothing to do with fire or brimstone.

I used to make so much fun of my father for wearing wool socks indoors in the summer, for banging the radiator to let Quentin the Super know he better send up some heat in late April.

This moment, I sit chilled in my apartment with too many clothes on thinking about putting a warmer sweater on and hearing my dead father laughing his ass off. 

May God have mercy on our frozen toes.

This coming Tues, March 4th @ 7pm I'm part of the No Name Word Up Paranormal show and I'm telling a spooky story, weather permitting.


Word Up: Community Bookshop - Libreria Comunitaria
Tuesday, March 4th, at 7:00 pm SHARP
2113 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, New York @ corner of 176 Street


Thinking ahead, I highly recommend "City Stories: Stoops to Nuts" on March 11th a FREE show at Cornelia Street Cafe featuring Barbara Aliprantis, Cris Beam, Francis Flaherty, Robin Hirsch, Tim O'Mara, Author, Joshua Rebell, Angelo Verga & Adam Wade. We're celebrating our friends and a "Holy Crap!" birthday.

 



No comments: