Saturday, September 14, 2013

Yorkville Creperie Exhibits My Photography ~ Opening Reception @ Tues, Oct 1st @ 7-9 pm

Two nights ago it was cloudy at dusk and I walked through the bushes on the east side of Carl Schurz Park's 87th Street bridge leading to Gracie Mansion. The cloudy sky looked pleasing over the statue of Pan. 

Here are shots from there, the Drive inside Carl Schurz and the path leading out of the park at 84th Street and East End Avenue.

Yorkville Creperie at 1586 York Avenue is currently hosting an exhibit of my photography. The work will be on display through the end of this year. All framed work is for sale and my photographic prints are available for purchase @ Thomas R. Pryor Photography. There is a price list on the wall at Yorkville Creperie. The manager has a flyer describing the exhibit with the price list and my background. Please ask your Creperie server or the manager for a copy.

Also on display are photographs of the Creperie storefront and The Saloon storefront from 1960 and 1962 when they were known as Joe's Candy Store and the Old Timer's Tavern. One is my first photo of Dad and his pals in the bar looking out, and the other is my Dad's shot of my cousin Bobby, Rory and I on Christmas Day with my first two wheeler. That bike and Dad's camera kicked off my interest in photography when we rode all over Manhattan every weekend we could.

There's an opening reception for the exhibit on Tuesday, October 1st @ 7pm to 9pm next door the Creperie in The Saloon. Everyone is welcome, refreshments will be served. Come visit Yorkville, we'll have a nice time.











No comments: