Monday, June 24, 2013

"I Love the Beach" ~ Mermaid Parade 2013 ~ Coney Island

Coney Island was perfect Saturday. A beach day from heaven for the Mermaid Parade. I arrived early by subway and walked the beach and boardwalk for a couple of hours. First thing that caught my eye was this girl to the right. The way she was situated reminded me of Andrew Wyeth's "Christina's World." Saw a thousand characters, a barrel of colors and stayed until dusk. I love the beach.

In addition to the photos here, try this Facebook link to see an album of photos from a glorious day in Coney Island.

Wandering the sand, feet in the water, I listened to early Beatles for an hour on the Ipod (stop after Revolver). Finished up with a bucket of Garland Jeffreys songs. Last one, my favorite, "Lonelyville."





















No comments: