Thursday, May 23, 2013

Remembering Why I Look Up and Down

Tonight @ 7pm @ KGB - 85 E. 4th St, I'm telling a Yorkville story at Sideshow Goshko Storytelling Series w/ CREWS, PRYOR, NOVICK, & SOLOMON! It's free, so put your buck two eighty up on the bar. KGB - 85 East 4th Street – tonight @ 7pm.

Here are photos at or near the Empire State Building that caught my eye on a Sunday morning. Taking the surroundings in, I thought about my time at Hunter College in the 1970s...

Nothing is more disappointing then revisiting a memory and finding out it's less then you remember. Nothing tops revisiting a memory that enhances that memory, builds on it and informs you that everything you've told friends and family about a person and what they've meant in your life is more than true. I forgot half of the treasure I took away from my time as a student with Professor Robert J. White at Hunter College in the 1970s. He taught me the classics and literature. Professor White is the coolest, smartest, funniest and warmest teacher I ever had going all the way back to Mrs. Brown in P.S. 77's kindergarten in 1960. 

Robert White is retiring this year and next to my Dad no person has had more influence on my artistic curiosity. Thank you, Professor White.



Here is a link to more photos and another link to a piece I wrote on Professor White in 2010 after I met him for first time in over 30 years.





















No comments: