Friday, December 10, 2010

You Can Please Yourself but Somebody's Gonna Get It ~ Tonight @ 7pm @ Otto's Shrunken Head





















June 1972, I walked into my grandmother's apartment, heard yelling and there's Nan and four old ladies. Two I knew, two I didn't. On the kitchen table I saw signs of an abandoned pinochle game, under a swarm of green nominating petitions. Nan was an elected Democratic official and each year she faithfully navigated the party's candidates onto the primary ballot. This was a petition counting shindig. I knew this was a big argument because the contents of two Buick sized pocketbooks were emptied on top the petitions and the playing cards. Separated from the contents were two piles of wake cards. I needed no further information, this was a beef over who had some deceased person's funeral remembrance card, either a specific card or how many you had of one person. I didn't care, what I cared about was they were eating my food, drinking my Ginger Ale and ruining my amazing news.


If you want to hear what happened, come to Otto's Shrunken Head tonight @ 7pm and I'll tell you. I'm performing with the terrific storytellers below. Bring rotten fruit, aim true!

No Name's "Winter Reading" Show

Featuring Authors: Jennifer Belle, Michele Carlo, Kambri Crews, Jeff Kreisler & Thomas Pryor

Friday, December 10th @ 7pm @ Otto’s Shrunken Head in Manhattan


NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 2010 -- “No Name... & A Bag O' Chips" comedy / variety show producer, Eric Vetter, reaches into his ever-present ‘bag o' chips’ on Friday, December 10th and pulls out current and soon-to-be published literature as part of their inaugural “Winter Reading" show - a response to the rousing success of this year's "Summer Reading" special - at Otto's in Manhattan.Authors / storytellers Jennifer Belle (“The Seven Year Bitch”) Michele Carlo, (“Fish Out Of Agua”) & Kambri Crews ("Love, Daddy,") will offer selections from their published and forthcoming works and will be joined by blogger / radio host Thomas Pryor (Yorkville: Stoops to Nuts ) and comic/author Jeff Kreisler ("Get Rich Cheating"). Now in its 11th year, the show will also feature the sounds of “The Summer Replacements” featuring Alex “The Assassin” De Suze and Carl (BabyFreak) Fortunato. No Cover, No minimum. Showtime is 7:00pm and Otto's is located at 538 E 14th St (Cross Street: Between Avenue A and Avenue B) "L" subway train to First Avenue. For more info, call (212) 228-2240 or go to www.ottosshrunkenhead.com/





No comments: