Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Ghost in You






Inside you the time moves, and she don't fade.

Last night, I'm walking home from the radio show along Lexington Avenue with three of my guests, Eric, Alex and Marie. We're talking, we're laughing, enjoying the glow from the show. As we hit 96th Street a crosstown bus flies by going west and Marie takes off with her arm waving like it's a religious revival and Eric and Alex are close behind. I'm left on the corner alone, I smile to myself and keep walking.

The radio show was in the past, but my mind didn't know that. My four spontaneous guests, Marcia St. Clair, Marie Sicari, Alex DeSuze & Eric Vetter kept the spirit of "let's see what happens next?" going strong with exceptional support from Betty Eng when my laptop and music took an unexpected swim and sunk deep below the sea down to Davey Jones Locker and we improvised.

I didn't get a chance to play "The Ghost in You," by the Psych Furs last night before the accident, but I hummed it all the way home.

The ghost in you, she don't fade


Thank you, folks, for a great next to last radio show.

Mia Berman, thank you for my amazing red striped socks from Oz that turned my dungarees into knickers. Smooch!

Please come down next Tuesday for the final Yorkville show, it will be a house party. My scheduled guests are John Lewis and Mary Crowley & Matt Knapp. I assure you others will join us to say goodbye.

hugs, Tommy

No comments: