Sunday, November 14, 2010

Scenes From a Yorkville Stroller





















My early trips through Central Park I was the passenger in a stroller. From this vantage point I saw things high in the sky, upside down or sideways. Sometimes, the stroller stopped and I could take things apart with my eyes and put them back together. I leaned forward and saw leaves raining over an avenue of tall buildings but the sky was blue.
.
I had an excellent chauffeur who always pointed me to the best places. If I live five hundred years, these pictures will still be in my head.
.
The Waterboys always cheer me.
.
.
.
***********************
.
This Tuesday @ 9pm on the Yorkville radio show my guest is Michele Carlo, an extraordinary storyteller http://www.michelecarlo.com/ and author of the terrific book "Fish Out Of Agua." Michele's memoir has received exceptional reviews. I love the book and the only thing better is hearing Michele tell her stories live. Tune in Tuesday @ 9pm on the Centanni link below, or listen to the show on my archive at your leisure.
.
.
.
**********************
If you enjoy this story blog please nominate under Category #5 ~ Best Neighborhood Blog ~ in the Village Voice's 2010 Web Awards.
.
.
.


























































No comments: