Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yorkville: Stoops to Nuts ~ They Can Lock Us Up and Lose The Key


"Yorkville Stoops to Nuts," maiden voyage burst out of port with a joyous rendition of "Prisoners of Love," from the best comedy ever, "The Producers. Mel Brooks classic 1968 film. Lose your job? Miss your wife? House burn down? Watch this movie, it helps.

Mickey Fiorillo, my first guest & I revisited the Yorkville neighborhood of Mickey's youth, the 1930's, 1940's & 1950's. He and I still have a lot to talk about. Mickey's coming back next week to finish our conversation. I'm bringing my copy of the 1939 WPA Guide to New York City with me, we are going to dive into the Yorkville neighborhood section and see what we can find out about the place 71 years ago. They'll be music, too!

Closed the show with Dion's cover of Tom Waits, "Looking for the Heart of Saturday Night." My Aunt Barbara former Kronk's patron was pleased.

Davino, Giovanna's owner is a terrific chef and host. Come down to 1567 Lexington Avenue @ 100th Street and try it out. Thank you, Luis and Anna for taking care of us so well last night. Thank you to my friends for being there and supporting me.

Please visit Giovanna's any Tuesday @ 9pm for "Yorkville: Stoops to Nuts" ~ the radio show.

If you want to listen to last night's show go to the Centanni link


and find the line below.


be well, Tommy















No comments: