Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!


I wish everyone a healthy, happy and peaceful New Year.
.
I'm leaving my affordable housing job February 19th to write full-time.
.
I'm taking terrific memories of being part of a team that rebuilt Coney Island with new small homes from Cropsey to Seagate & Surf to Neptune and all the way to Bayview Avenue on the Bay. Our programs saturated the Bronx,
Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and many other Brooklyn neighborhoods with new houses and apartments for first time owners. Nothing gave me me more satisfaction then being part of a move-in celebration at a development. I'm a laborer at heart, and the tangible pleasures derived from the affordable housing Homeownership programs were countless, it was all hands on: assembling sites, developing documents for sale, swaying the Board of Estimate to support the programs, running my hand over the wood framing on a single family home going up, walking an unfinished concrete floor overlooking the north end of Central Park. I had many affordable housing jobs, this one was my favorite.
.
I'm eager to start my new adventure.
.
Happy New Year, everybody... hugs, Tommy
.
.
Our Town, a Manhattan newspaper, published an abbreviated version of one of my stories today. Link to the story is below...
.

3 comments:

Rupert said...

Happy New Year to you Thomas! I wish you the very best in your writing endeavors and would like to keep up with your progress. Luck to you in 2010!

Rupert@Classic Movies Digest

Thomas Pryor said...

Hi Rupert, your site is terrific and I look forward talking movies with you, be well, Tommy

Rupert said...

Thank you kind sir! I'd love that too. If you're on Facebook, you can find me there. Have a great one and hope to chat with you soon.

Rupert