Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Blow Away the Dreams That Tear You Apart


Happy Birthday, Bruce. He turns 60 today.
.
The photos were taken by my friend, Jeff Havas, at Madison Square Garden in August 1978 after "Darkness on the Edge of Town," came out.
.
I went to the opening show on a $ 6 ticket. The next night, I scalped a tix for $15 and snuck down to the third row in the orchestra. Those two concerts readjusted my heart for live music.
.
Bruce took me away for three hours, to a place I had never been to. His energy and talent targeting me and everyone else there overwhelmed me, and left me flattened. He still does that. I'm grateful he's still out there.
.
.
.
My Favorite Springsteen song:
My Love Will Not Let You Down,
Madison Square Garden, 2000
.
the guitar duel at the end gets me every time
.

No comments: