Monday, August 17, 2009

Hudson River Summer ~ Central Park Cycling



Bike riding yesterday, I saw a Chinese~American couple marry at the Battery; I passed the Circle Line, where in 1963 Rory, me, Dad and Mom took a day trip on a boat to Bear Mountain. More on that in later post. On the land side at 42nd Street, I spied a pair of cool new buildings.
Further north, I passed the Soldiers and Sailors Monument overlooking Riverside Park which I always confused with Grant's Tomb when I was a kid; I found a soccer ball last week in the Hudson and fell in up to my chest, the water was clean and warm; but yesterday I finished my ride dry with a spin of Central Park and rode along with a Victorian gentleman exercising on a giant bicycle, he said he was taking his constitutional.





















































.
.

No comments: