Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad



Today, 80 years ago, Dad was born in Yorkville's Misericordia Hospital at 531 East 86th Street. He took his first trip to Central Park a week later in a stroller with his father. My grandmother nearly killed my grandfather for taking Dad to the park during her first nap since he was born. "Just want to show him around," my grandfather said ducking the shoe Nan aimed at his head.
.
Dad brought Rory and me down Carl Schurz and over to Central Park countless times. His parks became our parks.
.
Dad's art, paintings, sketches, miniatures and doll houses, inspired Rory and I to practice & play and make our own stuff.
.
Dad's passion for history, music and film, encouraged our curiousity and nurtured our boundless imaginations.
.
I miss him every day.












2 comments:

Abbi Crutchfield said...

Happy birthday Tommy's dad!

Dear Author,

Did you ever post a poll on the blog?
Could you please add a map widget detailing where exactly Yorkville is?

Thank you,
Reader

Thomas Pryor said...

Dear Abbi, you're the bestest, hugs, Tommy