Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Barney Rubble's Car






















I love cheese. Bread too. Last night, I cut vegetables at God's Love We Deliver on Spring Street. They threw a food party for the volunteers and the leftovers were abundant. I exited the kitchen with a loaf of bread the size of Barney Rubble's car on the Flintstones. It was bumpy, brown and crusty. If I dug some of the dough out of the middle, I could've put my legs through it and drove it home.
.
Fortunately, waiting for us at the apartment was a chunk of Swiss. I took the cheese and the Hellman's Mayo out, introduced everyone to each other, and the four of us had a party.
.
My belly feels funny.
.
******************************************
Flintstone trivia: Ron Howard's father, Rance, was a Flintstone writer. He came up with Fred's alias Googles Paisano, when Fred needed to hide the fact he was a race car driver from Wilma.
.

No comments: