Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Glove


Kenny Mulhern, the look sharp guy in the front of the photo, was playing first base down John Jay Park in August 1973. I was pitching for our softball team and I heard mumbling coming from Kenny's area. I ignored it for a while but it started picking up.
.
Kenny getting comfortable with the tune lifted his voice. People in the park's swimming pool a smile away could hear his declaration. Kenny pounded his over sized first baseman's mitt and crooned.

.
And when I go away
I know my heart can stay with my glove ,
its understood.
It's in the hands of my glove ,
and my glove does it good.
Wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo,
my glove does it good.
And when the cupboards bare,
Ill still find something there with my glove,
It's understood.
It's everywhere with my glove,
And my glove does it good.
Wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo ,
my glove does it good to me.
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I assume you're aware of the version Dan Ingram used to play on WABC -- he had one of his engineers graft a "g" sound onto each and every "love" in the McCartney song, and it came out "my glove does it good"