Friday, March 6, 2009

The Hardest Button to Button




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Style eludes me.
.
Clothes are things I put on to get out of the house. Mom checked me as I left the apartment to see if I had on enough to stay warm outside. In summer, she'd make sure I had a shirt on, that I'd take off anyway when I got to the park. It was too clingy. I went to work in a suit last year, scotch plaid grey jacket, scotch plaid brown pants. I only wear blue socks because I'm colorblind.
.
The picture directly above, Mayor Bloomberg, Tino Hernandez and me at Gracie Mansion in Yorkville. If you click on the picture and open it to full size, you see, for me, the hardest button to button is the bottom button. I predict this is the only picture I'll ever take with a billionaire and it's a beaut.
.
The picture on top, I'm 7 years old in Central Park with a sandwich and an open zipper. Since I had a Tee-shirt on and couldn't get air from my bottom button, something had to open. My fly. I'm claustrophobic and like to leave all the clothing windows open when possible.
.
You can take me anywhere, but you can't dress me up.
.
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the photo. I have a couple from the back of Gracie, but not with the Mayor. I played an entire solo acoustic show with my fly open. When it was pointed out to me halfway thru the set (why did they wait?) I figured it was too late to turn back.

Thomas Pryor said...

D, let's make a "Your fly's open" deal, you give me the signal if I'm reading, I'll give you the signal if you're playing, we'll just have to figure out the signal.