Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Loftus Tavern Crew Joins Mark Bavaro at Tommy's Reading








Loftus Tavern is sending a party of regulars to my reading tomorrow night.


.


After they raise their Irish today, they'll get a good night's rest and work their way slowly down Second Avenue tomorrow, making a right on Bleecker Street and heading west to the Cornelia Street Cafe. Mark Bavaro, the greatest offensive Giant football player ever, is doing his best to make it there.


.




The third guy over is Orson, a good guy who let me go to several New York Giant football games on his season ticket. The fourth guy over is Bobby Schroeder. I think the first guy is Al Bender, and I think the second guy's name is Phil.


.


If anyone can help me with the names please do. The photo was taken by Bob Pryor against the tavern's wall on 85th Street in 1961.


.


.

No comments: