Thursday, October 2, 2008

Long Beach Island


Greetings from a Long Beach Island sunset outside my window, inside the 19th century Beach Haven Library. Last night, John Harvey and I drove to the Jersey shore with the intention of getting some writing done. Mission accomplished. Some writing was done. Not a lot, some. We also did the beach, bought groceries and retold each other twelve St. John's Rugby stories. We rented bikes, rode to the southern tip of the island then played up and down the streets looking at houses and property for a few hours and ended up in the library. no internet access at the house.

I'm here through Sunday, life is good. Exchanged emails with Daniela in Romania, this lifted my mood a few rungs higher. She is an amazing reader and her critique of the books she reads knocks me out.

Is it me, or is an outdoor shower with a high pressure showerhead better than ...? You walk outside, take off your clothes, you're a little chilly, feet on wood slates, the water warms up, then you sing a song as the rushing spray whacks your neck, back, butt, chest and head.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Hi!
I'm jealous of your outdoor shower. I hope you're all having a great weekend. Wish I could be there!

Love,
Ali

Thomas Pryor said...

wish you were here too, ali. biking my hiene off xo dadoots

Jennifer said...

So glad you started a blog!