Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Yes, The River Knows

My family has lived near the East River in Yorkville since 1896. I own the 120 year old horse shoe my great grandparents, Antonino and Giovanna Cuccia, placed over their apartment’s front door for good luck at 1403 York Avenue, one house south of the corner of 75th Street. They operated a fruit stand on the corner (see pix below from June 1906) and Antonino made red wine in his building's basement to help support five of them.

I dream the East River and see the past when I stroll along it.

I saw a tug boat with a happy face headed towards the 59th Street Bridge, I waved to the river man. I discovered a chocolate Bundt cake water fountain, the Chrysler Building saying good night to the United Nations and Tudor City, and the Long Island City Skyline will lose its knickers soon and earn a pair of grown up pants after a few more skyscrapers.


Yes, The River Knows.
**************************














Thomas Pryor's Stoops to Nuts Father's Day Show: "Where's Poppa?" 
@ Ryans Daughter, 350 E. 85th St. 
Friday, June 17, 2016 @ 7-10pm 
S2N artists: Colin Dempsey, Joe Dettmore, Nicole Ferraro, Tim McGillicuddy & Una McGillicuddy. I'm your host, it's a cuckoo crazy nuts FREE S2N event. Bring your Pa, Da and all your recollections of Poppa.



If you enjoy my work, check out my memoir, "I Hate the Dallas Cowboys - tales of a scrappy New York boyhood." It's available at Logos Bookstore, 1575 York Avenue, or buy it online at AmazonBarnes and Noble or other booksellers. The book has 117 five star reviews out of 117 total reviews on Amazon.  Thank you!



No comments: