Saturday, August 21, 2010

You Can Have the Apartment, Over Her Dead Body



Last night's storytelling show at Professor Adam Wade's Graduation Soiree was so good, I got up at 6am and rode my bike to Coney Island and did a five mile Boardwalk run. I was four miles into the run, right in front of the Wonder Wheel, when I remembered I had my hips replaced eight years ago, and Doctor Zuckerman told me not to run, and I thought, "he's going to kill me," but I didn't care, because last night's story telling was that good. The six killers last night: Celeste Arias, Chrissy Brown, Dan Diggles, Megan Gray, Erin Kilkenny, Miguel de Leon

I finished the run, now I'm going for a swim, and after the swim I'm going to tell my story to the birds, and if the birds like it, I'm going to repeat it tonight to an audience @ 8pm @ tonight @ Magnet Theater @ 259 West 30th Street, 2nd Floor, with four other terrific storytellers.
Kelly Wallace-Barnhill, Lindsay Gentile, Henry Johnson, & Rachel Pertile.

Come down to the Magnet Theater, hear our tales, throw rotten fruit at our heads if we fail to please. Hit Adam , too.

My story's called, "You Can Have The Apartment, Over Her Dead Body."

"Mercy, Mercy, Mercy," by the Buckinghams, the song playing on the Coney Island Boardwalk during my first visit there in July 1967.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSfKb-WQFR8









































No comments: