Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Erika Kapin Plays the Hudson ~ Strange Footwear


I'm back in the city today to do a chore, then tomorrow back to the woods and water.

After choring this morning, I noodled around on my bike. On the Hudson, I stopped at Pier 45 for water and saw these show announcements.

Erika Kapin is an amazing young artist. She's ridiculously talented for a hatchling. If you are near the pier tonight make your way over to Erika's show, you will love what you hear.

p.s. her photography is equally wonderful.


Stars of Tomorrow Jazz: Erika Kapin Trio
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
6:30 p.m.

Enjoy music from Bach to BeBop on Tuesday nights, as students from the New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music and Mannes College The New School for Music perform on one of Hudson River Park’s most beautiful piers.

Tonight, the Erika Kapin Trio performs.

Location

Pier 45 ~ Manhattan enter on Charles Street or Christopher Street

Cost Free








































.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
As you can see from my feet, I live in a hole in the ground on The Hill: Hobbiton~across the Water.
I'm inclined to be fat in the stomach, wear bright colors, wear no shoes, since I've developed thick warm hair like the stuff on my head. My name is Tummy Baggins, last month I bought a pair of sandals with strange openings on top, and after riding my bicycle to the Huts of the Raft Elves one too many times, this is what's become of me. If you are near my hole in the ground, stop by and sit a spell. The Desolation of Smaug has set in and I'd enjoy the company. We'll split a enormously long wooden pipe that reaches down to my woolly toes and blow beautiful grey smoke rings.
.
.

2 comments:

Tootie said...

Tommy, It just occured to me that you must have an extra large size brain to store all of those great memories. Love your stories!

Thomas Pryor said...

only a large sponge in there, tootie, not much else, hee, hee, tommy