Friday, July 29, 2016

Taverns, Part of Yorkville's Street Life Lore

My Dad's best friend, Walter Trusits, is fourth from the left wearing the hat in this 1945 photo taken by Dad in front of Gene's Tavern. Second photo, last month, Walter with Charlie standing in the same spot at the northeast corner of 84 St. & York Avenue.

The photos below go back to 1942 and reflect the bar culture inside the neighborhood's street life through the early1970s.
 















If you like my work check out my memoir, "I Hate the Dallas Cowboys - tales of a scrappy New York boyhood." Available at Logos Book Store.

The book has 120 Amazon five star reviews out of 120 total reviews posted. We're pitching a perfect game. My old world echoes TV's "The Wonder Years" ~ just add taverns, subways and Checker cabs.


No comments: