Sunday, October 11, 2015

Paisley's Joke & Upcoming Show Stuff


Did you ever hear a cat tell a joke?

Top photo, Paisley in "A State of Grace," listens to an angel tell her a good one, then she repeats it to me, while I take it in she then plays like nothing happened. 
Angel visits? 
Cats talking? 
Who knew, Tater?

After a pregnant pause, Paisley reminded me that I'm telling a good one at Big Words on Wednesday, October 28th.

Big Words Presents: Faking It
When: Wed, Oct 28th from 6-8pm
Where: 61 Local, Brooklyn 
61 Bergen Street
(near the F/G Bergen St. stop or the 2/3 Hoyt stop)


I'm joining Walter Michael DeForest on a storytelling adventure @ Thurs, Nov 4th that starts and ends at Ryan's Daughter. More info to follow.

Walter's Adventure
Ryan's Daughter @ 7pm then elsewhere, then back to Ryan's 350 E. 85th St.
Wednesday, Nov 4th @ 7-10pm


Da-duh! We have a "big to do" on 11/21 it's "The Beatles White Album" Stoops to Nuts show at Ryans Daughter on Saturday, Nov. 21st, @7-11pm (shush! I'm also celebrating Alison's birthday). Our artists: Colin DempseyJoe Dettmore, Nicole Ferraro, Daniela Schiller, Supersmall and Adam Wade. And much much more!

"The Beatles White Album" Stoops to Nuts show
Ryan's Daughter 350 E. 85th St. 
Saturday, Nov 21st @ 7-11pm
Free show

ps I'm throwing my name in the hat for the Moth's "Enemies" show this Tuesday Oct 13th @Housing Works. I have a revenge story about my altar boy nemesis, Alex Nemeth.
Wish me luck!




Do you like old New York City photos and street life stories? Then check out my 1960s memoir,"I Hate the Dallas Cowboys - tales of a scrappy New York boyhood."Available at Logos Book Store and online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

The book has 112 Amazon five star reviews out of 112 total reviews posted. We're pitching a perfect game. My old world echoes TV's "The Wonder Years" ~ just add taverns, subways and Checker cabs.





No comments: