Sunday, September 13, 2015

Old Book, Old Friends

"You're still reading that book?"

Around the time of my hip surgeries, my daughter gave me crap for taking a ton o'time to finish "London" by Edward Rutherfurd. 

Years from now...   I'm in the Led Zep Home for Old Rockers and my precociously verbal granddaughter, Anna Maria Alberghetti Pryor Desjardins comes to see me, spies my title, and says, "Pop, I love that book."

We read it together and savor every page.




Forty years ago, these five guys played rugby together and formed unbreakable friendships. 1-9-0! 
John Harvey, John Hall, Peter Flynn & Jack Hoehlein, thank you for welcoming this city boy to your pitch in Queens when the SJU RFC OLd Boys (NYC) were young squirts. love Tommy

1-9-0 was the jukebox song number for Robert Gordon's cover of "Fire" in The Palm Gardens Tavern in Cortland, N.Y.




Do you like old New York City photos and stories? Then check out my 1960s memoir,"I Hate the Dallas Cowboys - tales of a scrappy New York boyhood."Available at Logos Book Store and online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.


The book has 110 Amazon five star reviews out of 110 total reviews posted. We're pitching a perfect game. My old world echoes TV's "The Wonder Years" ~ just add taverns, subways and Checker cabs.

You can also purchase my photography portfolio, "River to River - New York Scenes From a Bicycle" on Amazon.

No comments: