Tuesday, July 7, 2015

86th Street Memory

In the early 1960s, Martin's Bar on 86th Street sold french fries to go in a one-pound brown paper bag. I snuck it into the movies. During the film, when I took a sip of my soda I put the steamy bag in my lap. Eventually, every pair of dungarees I owned had a big oil stain in the crotch. Did not go over well with Ma.

If you enjoy my stories please  check out my memoir, "I Hate the Dallas Cowboys - tales of a scrappy New York boyhood." Available at Logos Book Store or online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

The book has 108 Amazon five star reviews out of 108 total reviews posted. We're pitching a perfect game. My old world echoes TV's "The Wonder Years" ~ just add taverns, subways and Checker cabs. You can also purchase my photography portfolio, "River to River - New York Scenes From a Bicycle" on Amazon.


No comments: