Friday, June 19, 2015

Circling Thoughts

two guys shooting the breeze @ 2012
When I took the photo of the two men fishing in Long Island the scene reminded me of Martin Johnson Heade's "The Coming Storm" and how much Dad enjoyed that painting. Heade's brooding sky led me to the deep shadow and darkness my father put into several of his works, like his sailboat below. Then Heade's painting circled my brain back to Dad going fishing with his dog at the beach. I never saw my father happier, except when the  New York Giants beat Dallas.



"The Coming Storm" Martin Johnson Heade

" Gold Twilight" Robert A. Pryor @ 1971

Dad & Sparky Lyle @ 1972


If you like my work check out my memoir, 
"I Hate the Dallas Cowboys - tales of a scrappy New York boyhood."Available at Logos Book Store or online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

The book has 107 Amazon five star reviews out of 107 total reviews posted. We're pitching a perfect game. My old world echoes TV's "The Wonder Years" ~ just add taverns, subways and Checker cabs. You can also purchase my photography portfolio, "River to River - New York Scenes From a Bicycle" on Amazon.

No comments: