Wednesday, April 29, 2015

"Someone Should Keep An Eye On Him" ~ Thank you, Mr. Beller's

Go, Tommy!
St. Stephen of Hungary, 408 East 82nd Street, first grade, 1960:  It started out so swell.  I nailed my inaugural test. Sister Beatrice sent it home for Mom to save. My class president victory came the same week Kennedy stole Illinois from Nixon. (way to go, Mayor Daley.)

48 years later, my stupidity peaked near Union Square. Thank you, Mr. Beller's Neighborhood for publishing my story, "Someone Should Keep An Eye On Him." It sums up my Superman Bizarro World method of handling mechanical and technical problems.

***********************
     
Your First Class President
Saturday, May 9th @ 7pm to 10pm @ Ryans Daughter, 350 East 85th Street: 
free show, free music, free comedy, PRIZES, beer special.

Our Mother's Day Eve artists: Abbi Crutchfield, Walter Michael DeForestJoe Dettmore, Apryl Miller, Liz Phillips, Luke Thayer and Eric Vetter and musical guests. I'll host and tell a good one.

My nickname for my mother was "Uncle Mommy" because I told her she was the best uncle I ever had. Come out and celebrate your Momma. If you are a Momma we'll celebrate you!

Tom & Mom on way to Bear Mountain up the Hudson

p.s. I hope you have a turntable.  I'm giving away 25 classic Lp albums at the show.


Your free prizes, come to the show!


If you like my work check out my memoir, "I Hate the Dallas Cowboys - tales of a scrappy New York boyhood." Available at Logos Book Store or online at Amazon or Barnes & Noble.








No comments: