Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Going Out of My Head" @ Long Beach Island in 1981

In 1981, departing NYC for the Labor Weekend, I nearly lost my head during my first trip to Long Beach Island, N.J. Yesterday, the Nun asked us to write about what we did 32 summers ago, so I did, but most of the kids in the 4th grade class just looked at her funny.

Isn't that true, John Harvey, the teacher's pet?

Tonight @ 7:30pm, I'm talking out of school @ Phillip Giambri's Rimes of The Ancient Mariner Monthly Spoken Word and Open Mic :

Identity Bar & Lounge
511 East 6th Street, New York, New York 10009
View Map · Get Directions

Show starts @ 7:30pm, 
Doors open @ 7pm, so does
sign-up for the 5 minute open Mic slots.


Here are a few shots from Long Beach Island. A place I've returned to for 34 consecutive years.

Summer's Last Kiss ~ a facebook photo album from 2011.





No comments: