Tuesday, February 5, 2013

New York Press "Pick of the Week" - Tonight's "New York Scenes from a Bicycle" @ Cornelia Street Cafe

Fifth Avenue Upside Down
Our Town Downtown/New York Press made tonight's "New York Scenes from a Bicycle" opening reception at Cornelia Street Cafe a "Don't Miss  ~ Pick of the Week."

Here are six of my favorite photos from the show. The fifth one down is a Christmas Day 1960 photo taken by my father, Robert Pryor. The location: east side of  York Avenue in front of the Old Timers' Tavern. Pictured: my cousin, Bob Pryor, my brother, Rory, me and my first two wheeler.  My interest in photography started a few months later when Dad and I started touring Manhattan by bike. Dad brought his Yashica 44 each time. I own a thousand of those photos from long ago. 

Hope to see you tonight under the candy striped awning at 29 Cornelia Street.

"River to River: New York Scenes from a Bicycle" my book of photography will be on sale for $12 at the Cafe during the show's two month run.



FREE: A Cycle Down Memory LaneCornelia Street Cafe

29 Cornelia St.

5:30 p.m.
Thomas R. Pryor is inviting you to view “New York Scenes From a Bicycle”, a photo exhibit taken from Pryor’s own experiences. Ride with Pryor (and his father) past streetscapes and skylines of years passed dating back to the 1960s. You will be sure to find a masterful blend of love, memory and passion in each photo.

Essex House from Central Park

Casey Strolling Poets Walk

Washington Arch & Full Moon

Bob, Tommy & Rory Pryor on Christmas Day 1960
Snowy October on 82nd Street









No comments: