Saturday, December 4, 2010

Can Music Save Your Mortal Soul?


On the evening of June 12, 1972, 208 teenagers graduated from LaSalle Academy and my parents reconciled after a two year separation. They left the graduation holding hands (remarkable). I headed north with four classmates and two teachers on a Yorkville tavern crawl.

The next day, hung over & seeking refuge, a chain of events began that led me on a two year adventure that closed out my teen years with a roller coaster ride. I took four friends along, it was the best time of our lives. Demolition ended the journey, but not the memories.



Next Friday, December 10th @ 7pm ~ I'm telling @ The No Name... & A Bag of Chips "Winter Reading Show @ Otto's Shrunken Head @ 538 East 14th Street (near Ave A).


On Tuesday, December 14th @ 6pm ~ I'm performing, @ " Year End Festival Celebrating 14 Years of Storytelling," presented by Barbara Aliprantis @ Cornelia Street Cafe @ 29 Cornelia Street (between West 4th Street & Bleecker Street just west of 6th Avenue).



photo of LaSalle (1969) ~ Patrick Cullinan

No comments: