Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm Free!

Two days ago, Mayor Bloomberg announced he would not participate in the early retirement program being offered to New York State employees. This announcement (I'm gambling he doesn't change his mind) ended my flirtation with returning to work, and closed out my public service career yesterday.

To celebrate, I made sure I was in Central Park at 5pm on my bike. This is what freedom looks like.


































To balance my mood, the heavens sent me a flat tire. I walked my wounded ride to the best bike shop in Manhattan ~ Bicycles Plus NYC at Third Avenue & 79th Street. They fixed the flat in five minutes and mended a nagging hitch in my gears for free. Jeff, Nick and Stefan are three of the dynamite staff at the store. They greet you courteously and always solve the issue. The shop is a throw back to the golden era of Mom & Pop service with a smile. If you are in the Yorkville neighborhood and have no mechanical skills, know your bike is in good hands.


Larry & Jeff's Bicycles Plus NYC
1400 Third Avenue (bet. 79th & 80th St.)

http://bicyclesnyc.com/
.
.

No comments: