Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mom's Still In a Headlock

Today is the two year anniversary of the Giants victory over the Patriots. My work chum, Bill Cardinale, gifted me a copy of his painting of Tyree's catch over a disturbed Rodney Harrison, who spent the next minute in disbelief, along with everyone who just watched Eli Manning escape from a hoard of Patriots to throw the ball.

The game was sweet, the parade was sweet, and reliving putting my mother, Uncle Mommy, in a headlock to clinch a Gary Wood led Giant victory in 1964 was sweet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/03/nyregion/thecity/03gian.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=headlock%20giants&st=cse

My daughter, Alison, born 10 months after the 1986 Giant's Super Bowl victory (see my Rose Bowl game ticket below from January 25, 1987) wore her Giant hat proudly during Dannon yogurt breaks.




















No comments: