Sunday, November 8, 2009

I Wish That I Knew What I Know Now


when I was younger...
.
This afternoon, I pedaled to the East Village, saw a balloon and visited St. Mark's Church. There was a wish tree in the churchyard decorated with wish cards, and I wrote on mine, "I wish to see my daughter soon." Took some pictures, and caught a guy trying to steal my bike. A picture of the thug manhandling my ride is below. I took the bike back from him and said, "thank you."

Then, I dropped in on a live East Village Radio show, Atlantic Tunnel on First Avenue

between 1st & 2nd Street. It was cool, they do the show in a store front ~ behind the glass they spin the tunes. They love what they're doing and that is infectious. Just cheers me up.
.
Atlantic Tunnel is hosted by Brits Ed Rogers and Gaz Thomas, the popular radio show can be heard on Sundays from noon - 2 pm @ Sunday. Today's show was dedicated to Ian McLagan a member of the Small Faces and Faces. Ian didn't write "Ooh La La," but I love it.

2 comments:

colly mack said...

Your graciousness towards the thwarted bike thief is kind of impressive.

Thomas Pryor said...

weird feeling, guy seemed like he needed it more than me, i almost gave it to him