Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Next Cherokee Club Outing ~ Tommy's Reading Tomorrow Night ~ Thursday, July 9th @ 8pm


"Annie, Isabel here. I've got the bus ready for Tommy's reading tomorrow night. Woody will pick us up in front of the Cherokee Club on 79th Street. I put a crate of rotten peaches in the back. No, not Alberta, the Cling peaches. This way, if Tommy stinks we can rocket a few off his head."
.
.
July 9th @ 8pm @ Happy Ending Lounge

302 Broome Street (between Forsyth and Eldridge Streets)
.
part of Mr. Beller's Neighborhood Reading Series
.
Tommy, Claudia Chopek & Ward White storytell with song
.
see the link below for directions, please come.
.
thanks, Tommy
.
.
.

2 comments:

wimple63 said...

I _love_ your blog. My dad was born on 79th and 1st in 1912, and Mom's family moved to 78th between York and Cherokee sometime after she was born in 1926. Daddy told me stories about classes and dances at the Cherokee Club. He _didn't_ tell me about the groups from there flinging rotten fruit at their opponents. That I found out from a New York Times article.

wimple63 said...

I _love_ your blog. My dad was born on 79th and 1st in 1912, and Mom's family moved to 78th between York and Cherokee sometime after she was born in 1926. Daddy told me stories about classes and dances at the Cherokee Club. He _didn't_ tell me about the groups from there flinging rotten fruit at their opponents. That I found out from a New York Times article.