Friday, June 19, 2009

Fresh Air Fund ~ Help A Kid Get Out of the City


There is only a week and a half left in The Fresh Air Fund's dollar-for-dollar gift matching program. The Fresh Air Fund provides free summer vacations to children whose families can not afford to get away or send their kids to camp.
Please consider a donation or becoming a host.
.
You can look over the Fresh Air Fund program at the link below, and make a donation there. Thank you.
.
.
.
.
Dad was not a vacation kind of guy. The only time the four of us got out of the city was a week in Putnam County. My grandparents came too. I don't know details on the location, but I remember five hundred things about the week. There were rabbits, frogs, fish, chickens, dogs, birds, raccoons, kids, dew on the grass, warm lake water in the morning, no sidewalks, crickets, stars, and there was Barbara. She's holding the dog in the picture. I couldn't wait to get up in the morning and play with her. She was a cute tomboy and had no issue with wrestling me ~ she beat me most of the time. She played catch, told jokes and stuck up for me with a couple of older bullies. I remember everything about that week, but it only happened once. Getting out of the city can do that to a kid.



No comments: