Friday, April 10, 2020

Glory Days?

Old Cathedral Girl High School sweatshirt @ 1970, Fits! ( not really) School's long gone from 50th Street & Lexington along with Radio City Music Hall showing a new movie and Rockettes Radio City all day.
LaSalle Academy H.S. Graduation, June 1972, my parents had not seen each other in two years. He was excommunicated from the household. Not sure my father would show up for the graduation and not sure Mom would stay if he did. Remarkably, they were scary polite to one another. They focused on me but snuck lovey looks. At some point he asked her to dinner. Mom said OK. I started to dribble. Next morning, I woke up to pee and I heard Dad's voice coming from the kitchen. I thought or maybe said out loud, "oh shit, here we go again."
And there we went... glory days

today

6.12.72 trouble ahead


Asphalt Plant 1974

6.12.72

January 1969 Room 406
LaSalle Academy
Freshman class day after Jets won Super Bowl

No comments: