Saturday, February 29, 2020

City Boy: Stoops to Nuts @ Ryan's Daughter Last Night!

Storytelling & melodies breezed through Thomas Pryor's City Boy: Stoops to Nuts show
last night at @ Ryans Daughter.  Talented artists told stories and sang songs beautifully about love and loss.  Thank you, Joe DettmoreFred CarusoWalter Michael DeForest & Gerard Murphy for bringing your best work to Ryan's. 

Thank you, everyone who came out last night and cheered us on.  You were a fantastic audience, you packed the place! New friends, old friends and pals I haven't seen since I left affordable housing ten years ago. Your engaging warm support let me loose in the best way. I was rocking.

When I was a boy I worried about going to war. My mother (I called Uncle Mommy because she was the best uncle I ever had) said, "don't fret, your job, now and later, is making me laugh." I'm still doing it. I hope you know the value of your memories. I hope my stories about Yorkville trigger your stories.  Keep it alive, old souls need to understand where this all started.

Thank you, Spencer for keeping the customers satisfied.  Thank you, Jim Gerding and Ryan's Daughter staff for a genuine welcome back and warm support. Topped off with a swell "on the house" food spread for the audience. 

Walter, I love you brother, you know I'm a ball of nerves and your calm guidance for this show made it happen smoothly.

Our next "City Boy: Stoops to Nuts" show at Ryan's will be in June, we're working on the date. Please come back and bring your friends.









No comments: