Friday, October 23, 2015

And Make Believe It Came From You

Did Frank Sinatra entice you to join the Capital Record Club when you were 12 claiming you were 18? It happened to me. After I received my first delivery box for 97 cents, four Beatle albums ~ delighted, I forgot about the membership. 4 weeks later, Capital sent me Buck Owens' "Roll Out The Carpet," Lp and a bill for $3.42. Unacceptable. I began my short career as a forger. This story includes Huskie dungarees, Cool Whip, (not in that order), a Mickey Mantle forger, The Boy Scout Manual's section on "Stalking," and The Thurman Munson/Pepsi Cola Fan Club.


Next Wed, Oct 28th @ 6pm at Big Words, Etc: Faking It,  I'm spilling the beans, and it's a doozy.

Come on down!


Big Words, Etc: Faking It
Wed, Oct 28th @ 6-8pm
Local 61
61 Bergen St, Brooklyn, New York 11201

This month's theme is Faking It & these are the writers who you will fall in love with:

Athena Pappas
Gabe Smoller
Thomas Pryor
& Cooper Wilhelm

Mingle with some of New York City's finest around 6, reading starts at 6:30, you vote for next month's theme during intermission, drink a little more, make a new friend. Bring your loved ones, co-worker, pen pal. See you there!



Do you like old New York City photos and street life stories? Then check out my 1960s memoir,"I Hate the Dallas Cowboys - tales of a scrappy New York boyhood."Available at Logos Book Store and online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

The book has 112 Amazon five star reviews out of 112 total reviews posted. We're pitching a perfect game. My old world echoes TV's "The Wonder Years" ~ just add taverns, subways and Checker cabs.

No comments: