Thursday, April 25, 2013

"I Feel A Strange Exciting Thing About to Be"

Music's association with places I love is a joy. Yesterday, I walked through Central Park on my way to see The Rascals for the first time. The park reels their songs back to me. They own a large room in my heart. I go there for comfort. I miss my cassette tapes and the steady appearance of The Rascals tunes during my runs, beach trips and car rides. Always lifting me, making me feel things were going to be OK. Seeing them, hearing them live, I confirmed everything I felt back then I still do.

They did 28 songs, and my favorite, "Sueno," was square in the middle. Sing it Felix, "I feel a strange exciting thing about to be."

Here is a link to more photos.


My story, "Over Her Dead Body,"is part of a terrific new anthology, "Have a NYC 2."Three Rooms Press, the publisher, is throwing a launch party at Cornelia Street Cafe on Fri, May 3rd @ 6pm. Come hear the writers read from their odes to New York City.










No comments: