Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Coney Island Baby ~ Going, Going, Gone...

Rode Coney Island in the fog this morning and snapped pictures of the barely alive old Playland building on  Bowery Street between Surf Avenue and the Boardwalk.  Below the now shots are Coney and Playland pictures I took three three years ago.  You see the amusement building was fully intact and the 100 year old Johnny Pump in front was not totally covered by overgrowth. Quietly, without fanfare, it's  vanishing.  Coney Island Baby, going, going, gone...


Every night she comes to take me out to dreamland.
When I'm with her, I'm the richest man in town.
She's a rose, she's the pearl,
She's the spin on my world.
All the stars make their wishes on her eyes.
She's my Coney Island Baby,












































Add caption



















My Blog Entry on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Coney Island Baby


Coney Island Baby
by Tom Waits

Every night she comes to take me out to dreamland.
When I'm with her, I'm the richest man in town.
She's a rose, she's the pearl,
She's the spin on my world.
All the stars make their wishes on her eyes.
She's my Coney Island Baby,
She's my Coney Island Girl.
She's a princess, in a red dress,
She's the moon in the mist to me.
She's my Coney Island Baby,
She's my Coney Island Girl.

































.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such talent for capturing the truth & reality of the present & past. I really hope you are publishing & preserving your memories & photography of your home- your New York! You certainly have made it real to me as a Midwesterner who has never been to New York City. I have relatives in the state of New York & am named for a Great great grandmother from Buffalo. I thank you so much for your reminiscences & photo documentary. Margaret

Thomas Pryor said...

thank you, very much, Margaret. I do have a small book of my photos published, called "River to River: New York Scenes from a Bicycle." It's available at Amazon, here is the link. be well, Tommy

http://www.amazon.com/River-Scenes-Bicycle-Photographer-Portfolio/dp/1936411199/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1345736558&sr=8-15&keywords=pryor+river+to+river