Monday, August 27, 2012

Bailey the Beach 108 Puppy Endorses "River to River"

Yesterday at Rockaway Beach, I met my first book customer, Bailey the Puppy being cuddled by two Beach 108th Street boys.

Bailey told me he ordered "River to River ~ New York Scenes from a Bicycle," a moment after YBK published it last Thursday. He confirmed his purchase with a printout of his Amazon receipt.  Bailey paid for the book with Greenies. I was touched and gave him a hug for giving up his tasty treats.

After a nice visit with Bailey and his two buddies, I headed down to Surf City at Beach 96th Street.  I watched many Dudes and Dudettes hang ten, riding waves all the way in on their surf boards. Sold five books to the band playing under the boardwalk, literally.  Sold one copy to the guy in the hammock.  Said it was for his sick mother.

All in all, another groovy day in the Rockaways.













No comments: