Friday, November 4, 2011

The Whole of the Moon Over Central Park

Cleaning yesterday, I came across a cassette a friend made for me in 1990. The Waterboys were new to me at the time. The first three songs on the tape were,“The Whole of the Moon,” “Fisherman’s Blues” & “A Man is in Love.” Each tune took me to a kodachrome place.
Biking east at twilight across the 102nd Street transverse in Central Park last November, I saw the whole of the moon over Fifth Avenue. This past summer I sighted a fisherman who may have been blue, a bird against a blue sky and I definitely saw a man in love on the Coney Island boardwalk walking towards the Parachute Jump arm in arm with his sweetie. 
Songs always lead me to photos and scenes, and scenes and photos always lead me to songs, I’m never alone and easily cheered by all if it.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me how much I adore that Waterboys song! Great pictures as always!

Thomas Pryor said...

thank you, Patti.