Wednesday, November 16, 2011

There Should Be Sunshine After Rain

"There should be sunshine after rain," Mark Knopfler sings on "Why Worry."
Last night, at the “City Stories: Stoops to Nuts” storytelling show at Cornelia Street Café,  rollercoaster feelings rushed through me. I invite great tellers and songsmiths to come perform.  Artists, I admire for their talent and the power to engage me totally in their work. With the audience, I get to sit, listen, enjoy and participate in the show. I thoroughly enjoy curating this event.
Thank you, Cris Beam, Michele Carlo, Crystal Durant, Taffy Jaffe, Lianne Smith & David Terhune for a great show, I deeply admire your talent and hope you came back next year.  Lianne & David, I love your guitar work.
As always, thank you, Steve and Tiffany for making us welcome and keeping the customer satisfied. 
The West Village after dark is a dreamland. Here are photos from last night's show and my early arrival walking Carmine, Leroy & Bleecker Streets.
Next City Stories: Stoops to Nuts show is Tues, December 13th @ 6pm.

The artists:  Barbara Aliprantis, Kelly Wallace Barnhill, Carl Kissin, Mary Lee Kortes, Elizabeth Rowe & Amanda Thorpe. 

It will be a doozy!















No comments: